[rabbitmq-discuss] JavaClient HeartbeatSender

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Thu Feb 20 14:03:18 GMT 2014

On 20 Feb 2014, at 17:53, Dmitry Andrianov <dmitry.andrianov at alertme.com> wrote:

> 1. Is there an elegant solution for this on the client side?

The only solution is to instantiate and start an AMQConnection subclass directly.

> 2. The fact I can supply my own executor to ConnectionFactory but still another one will be used for heartbeats - doesn't it sound like a bug?

It doesn’t to me. JavaDoc for the executor parameter mentions that the executor is for consumers
to use. Heartbeat sender is an implementation detail. Using your own executor may result in skipped
heartbeats.

Chances are some Google App Engine fixes will be in 3.3: one of the changes lets
you configure a ThreadFactory that will be used by anything in the client that instantiates threads.

MK

Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ