[rabbitmq-discuss] Duplicate exchange detection

pkbasu pk_basu at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 18 17:35:35 GMT 2014

Hello,

I want to have durable exchanges which stay around even if there are no
queues bound to it. One exchange per user. So, the first time an user John
connects to a broker (broker1), an exchange, say exchange.john is created
for him. All messages sent to john will be sent to that exchange.

Now let's say after a few days John connects again and this time connects to
a different RabbitMQ broker (broker2) (maybe this one is in a different
geographical location). If his client tries to "Declare" the exchange again,
will this new broker create a duplicate exchange or will it know that such
an exchange already exists and use that exchange (even though it is on
broker1). I don't want any duplicates, what should I do in that case.

Thanks a lot!