[rabbitmq-discuss] Exclusive Producers?
tarun.mistry at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 02:06:05 GMT 2014
i'm new to RabbitMQ/AMQP. I am trying to solve an application level
high-availability problem and belive i'm not thinking about things in the
right way, I could use some advice!
Here is what I would like to achieve, I could use some help understanding
the RabbitMQ way of doing it.
1) I have several message producers, only 1 of these is the primary, the
remainder as all backups.
2) The primary is defined as the process that controls a single queue and
can post messages to it.
3) If the primary process fails, I want a backup to take over immediately.
4) All backups are in a race to get control of the queue (from 2)
5) Once a backup gains control, it is now the primary.
Using Rabbit speak, I feel like I need something called an "exclusive
Do I need to fudge this by introducing a second queue and having all the
processes connect to this using the "exclusive consumer" pattern, and then
use this to determine who can control the main queue?
Appreciate any advice
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the rabbitmq-discuss