[rabbitmq-discuss] Issue with RabbitMQ 2-way federation setup

Rahul rahulkj at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 01:28:41 GMT 2014

I am using the latest RabbitMQ version 3.2.3 and as learning I'm using the
deafult vhost which is "/"
My one way federation is working as I can see the messages posted from Node
B reaches the queue that was created on Node A

So one behavior that I've seen is, the message once published, reaches the
queue where it was created.

Can you post your steps/configuration? Not sure what I'm missing.

I assume with 2 way federation, messages posted on a exchange that was
created on Node A, will be available on Node A and Node B?

On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 7:09 PM, Arun Rao <arunrao.seattle at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I got this working for a topic exchange. Can you first try to do one
> way federation?
>
> I had some issues with using a different virtual host name from the
> upstream cluster.
>
> I am using you are using "/" default vhost.
>
> What does it say as federation status on web UI? Also, what is your
> rabbitmq version?
>
> Thanks!
> -arun.
>

> On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 4:56 PM, Rahul <rahulkj at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> That doesn't do the trick.
>> Is the configuration of federation correct?
>>
>> On node A I configure Node B as upstream, and viceversa on Node B.
>>
>> Also does federation work for all Exchange types
>> (Direct/Topic/Fanout/Headers)
>>
>> I'm new to this concept and trying to get the 2-way communication work.
>>

>> On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 6:16 PM, Arun Rao <arunrao.seattle at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> try using this definition on your policy,
>>>

>>> '{"federation-upstream-set":"all"}'
>>>
>>> Thanks!

>> --
>> Regards,