[rabbitmq-discuss] MQTT adapter for RabbitMQ

pkbasu pk_basu at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 4 09:06:27 GMT 2014

I have a question on MQTT adapter of RabbitMQ. Are clients (e.g. android/ios
devices) expected to directly connect to this adapter? In our architecture,
client devices connect to our frontend servers, which connect to RabbitMQ
brokers. This way, the client devices do not need to know the details of
exchanges, brokers, routes etc. However, with the MQTT broker plugin, it
looks like client devices are encouraged to connect to RabbitMQ directly. Is
an alternate architecture possible?