[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbitmq 3.2.4 running out of memory

Michael Klishin mklishin at pivotal.io
Wed Aug 27 01:34:59 BST 2014

On 27 August 2014 at 04:30:50, srikanth tns (srikanthtns at gmail.com) wrote:
> > So which retention policy is suggested ? global / basic / detailed
> ?
> setting it to coarse grained , make it global / basic ?

There is no hard-and-fast rule but generally we can say that the more detailed
you go (e.g. detailed), the shorter the period should be (I'd say 15 minutes
is plenty for many cases). Global stats can be collected for longer periods,
so that your overview page can be more helpful at detecting anomalies.

Again, all of this depends on your team's needs but collecting detailed stats
over the course of hours leads to RAM consumption that is hard to justify
if you ask me.

Experiment and see what works for you.
--
MK