[rabbitmq-discuss] List all bindings for an exchange

Michael Klishin mklishin at pivotal.io
Tue Aug 19 19:38:03 BST 2014

On 19 August 2014 at 21:10:42, Kapil Goyal (goyalk at vmware.com) wrote:
> > I did already go through the available management plugin API
> and didn’t find a way to do what I want, which is to get all bindings
> for an exchange. I can see this information on the management
> plugin UI, when I click on an exchange and go into its details,
> so there must be a way to do it.

We first need to define what "bindings on an exchange" means. Is the exchange
supposed to be the source in the binding (as in, when queues or exchanges are bound to it),
or a destination (when it is bound to other exchanges)

> Here are all the REST APIs that provide
> bindings:
>
> /api/exchanges/vhost/name/bindings/source – provides bindings
> between two exchanges
> /api/exchanges/vhost/name/bindings/destination – provides
> bindings between two exchanges

/api/exchanges/{vhost}/{name}/bindings/source lists all bindings
where exchange {name} in vhost {vhost} is the source (things are bound to it).

Likewise, /api/exchanges/{vhost}/{name}/bindings/destination lists bindings
when exchange {exchange} in vhost {vhost} is the destination.

Pick which one of the above you want (or maybe both).

By the way, the list has moved to rabbitmq-users, please start new discussions
there:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/rabbitmq-users
--
MK