[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ Deployment Architectures (for lack of a better subject)

Greg Poirier greg.poirier at opower.com
Sat Apr 12 15:08:19 BST 2014

I am trying to determine if it is possible/feasible to provide a single
"router" of RabbitMQ systems to backing "storage" RabbitMQ systems.

Some explanation would probably be helpful...

Not all of our services have the same SLA. Some can tolerate certain
amounts of message loss... others cannot tolerate message loss well at all.
In order to address this, I'm looking at deploying several different
configurations of RabbitMQ clusters.

That being said, I'd like for services not to have to know which RabbitMQ
cluster they have to connect to. I would like to effectively have a set of
"router" hosts that are all configured identically that federate exchanges
to the various "storage" clusters that take care of our SLA requirements
(mirror count, number of hosts, amount of disk/memory, etc).

Is this kind of configuration possible?

If both consumers and producers connect to different, non-clustered
"router" systems, how do I configure federation to achieve this?