[rabbitmq-discuss] How many max queues RabbitMQ can handle at a time?

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Thu Apr 10 15:41:10 BST 2014

On 10 April 2014 at 18:38:08, Michael Klishin (michael at rabbitmq.com) wrote:
> > I just created 30,000 empty queues on a 64 bit machine and see
> Erlang VM consuming
> 589 MB of RAM on peak (slightly lower after some time).

Then I added 20,000 more: 1 GB. All queues were exclusive. After shutting down
the process used to create them, VM RAM consumption quickly went up to ~ 2 GB
then decreased to ~50 MB I had from the start.

So regardless of the absolute value you get at one point, the number can
still vary over time and you need to account for that.
--
MK

Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ