[rabbitmq-discuss] How many max queues RabbitMQ can handle at a time?

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Thu Apr 10 15:37:37 BST 2014

On 10 April 2014 at 18:16:21, Ravi Pandey (ravindrapandey1982 at gmail.com) wrote:
> > basically I want technical answer For Ex. 1Gb RAM can hangle
> this much request

What matters a lot more is how many messages there are in the queues during peaks
and their sizes.

I just created 30,000 empty queues on a 64 bit machine and see Erlang VM consuming
589 MB of RAM on peak (slightly lower after some time).

The most technical answer I can think of is: benchmark on your own OS/architecture/hardware/workload.
--
MK

Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ