[rabbitmq-discuss] Extending the java rabbitmq client

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Thu Apr 3 14:13:31 BST 2014

On 3 April 2014 at 16:31:31, Hans-Joachim Kliemeck (klk at mmw.ag) wrote:
> > sure, but the current implementation lacks of support regarding
> the URI
> configuration method (which i thing is very sexy). It is possible
> that
> the patch will be included or do you have any objections against
> it?

I’m not against this feature but there are two issues with your patch
as it is:

1. It entirely lacks tests
2. It makes the API confusing: there are 2 ways of providing multiple addresses
   and it’s not clear how newConnection’s addresses is different from setFailoverHosts.

I’d rather provide a way to set extra addresses which are then merged with the
list given to newConnection or via setUri:

factory.setClusterNodes(list);

or similar. Picking a good name is a very important part.
--
MK

Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ