[rabbitmq-discuss] Performance and load testing of RMQ

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Sep 26 10:32:50 BST 2013

On 25/09/2013 6:20PM, k.madnani84 wrote:
> I have few questions on MultiCastMain.java...
>
> 1) Could you tell me how is the -c option behaving and what appropriate
> integer value should we use in it.

It turns on confirms, and then will only allow (number specified)
unconfirmed messages before pausing publishing and waiting for confirms.

> 2) What is nacked rate? It comes always 0 msg/s irrespective of what options
> we use.

Nacks are very rare, you would only tend to receive them if a queue
crashes and you are using confirms.

> 3) What is returned rate?

Number of basic.return messages received when using mandatory publishing.

> 4) Whenever we use the option -f immediate it throws an exception "Exception
> in thread "Thread-1" com.rabbitmq.client.AlreadyClosedException: clean
> connection shutdown; reason: Attempt to use closed channel
> "

Yes, immediate support was removed from RabbitMQ server 3.0.0, see
http://www.rabbitmq.com/blog/2012/11/19/breaking-things-with-rabbitmq-3-0/.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen