[rabbitmq-discuss] extending RabbitMQ to mobile and web clients

Randy Kang randeep at pubnub.com
Tue Sep 10 17:34:12 BST 2013

Hi Folks,

I finished writing an adapter to PubNub which extends RabbitMQ to the web.  The idea is to extend your RabbitMQ deployment to non-AMQP clients on the web with minimal changes.  It allows you to have bi-directional communication between back-end servers and web clients without opening up any special ports or changing your RabbitMQ deployment, and without having to manage any client software or installables.

I put it on GitHub (https://github.com/pubnub/rabbitmq) so it is free and ready to use.  I started with tutorials 1 and 2 on the RabbitMQ site as a baseline and extended that example to show how the adapter can just drop right in.  There's also blog post that links to video tutorials so you can see it in action (bit.ly/13GQVyX ).

 I'd love to hear your thoughts and feedback and see if this addresses real-world problems.

thanks,
randy