[rabbitmq-discuss] [rabbitmq-c] amqp_queue_unbind eat a lot of memory in some usecases

Alan Antonuk alan.antonuk at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 21:30:38 BST 2013

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 11:32 AM, Haster <haster2004 at yandex.ru> wrote:

> I think this function recive a lot of messages and save it to buffer until
> it get unbind-ok.

You are correct, this is likely what is going on inside the library.

> How can I solve this problem?

Assuming you're not using the no-ack option of basic.consume, you could do
a basic.qos (amqp_basic_qos()) on the channel with the consumer, which will
limit the number of un-acked messages the broker sends to the client.

> Is it possible to call cancel or unbind on another channel or it also will
> accumulate all messages?

Calling it on a different channel won't help, the frame buffer is a
per-connection thing.

> Or shoud I use another connection for it and will it work?

This is also an option.

-Alan