[rabbitmq-discuss] [rabbitmq-c] amqp_queue_unbind eat a lot of memory in some usecases

Haster haster2004 at yandex.ru
Thu Sep 5 19:32:37 BST 2013

Hi there!

I have a following problem usecase:
1) Send a lot of message to some queue (I do it using java client)
2) Make connection to RabbitMQ using rabbitmq-c library and bind some
exchange to that queue
3) Call amqp_basic_consume method and start loop for reading messages from
the queue
4) After some time I try to make unbind... and this function eat a lot of
memory.
I think this function recive a lot of messages and save it to buffer until
it get unbind-ok.

I decided to solve this problem by calling basic.cancel befor making unbind,
but the behaviour was the same.

How can I solve this problem?
Is it possible to call cancel or unbind on another channel or it also will
accumulate all messages?
Or shoud I use another connection for it and will it work?

Best regards,
Yury