[rabbitmq-discuss] Connections made to slaves when a master fail (and a slave is promoted) stop receiving messages

Tobias Gutzmann Tobias.Gutzmann at ist.com
Thu Sep 5 08:01:52 BST 2013

Hi,

It’s not HA specific but in general a clustering issue. As far as I can tell, it’s a miss in the AMQP 0.9.1 specification, but luckily there is a RabbitMQ specific extension called “consumer cancellation”: http://www.rabbitmq.com/consumer-cancel.html
RabbitMQ 2.8 broker supports that, the question is if your client does.

Regards,
Tobias