[rabbitmq-discuss] Feature Req / Bug list

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Mon Oct 28 21:04:39 GMT 2013

On 28/10/13 20:40, Graeme N wrote:
> Well, if you've got my script bundle from earlier in the thread, just
> update with this script. Use them to build a test cluster, populate 100
> queues with 1000 messages each. Then run this script to delete and
> recreate all the queues. This always produces new queues for me that
> contain old messages. ;)

Publishing is asynchronous. AFAICT the test node does not guarantee that
all published messages have made it to the queues by the time
populate_queues terminates. Some messages could still sit in various
network or internal (pre-routing) buffers. If you then, concurrently,
delete the queues and recreate them, the buffered messages will get
routed to the newly created queues.

That's one explanation. The other possibility is that one of the other
issues you reported is somehow causing this. Obviously if rabbit
internals are exploding in various interesting ways (indicated by errors
getting written to the SASL logs), as is happening in your tests, then
all bets are off.

Matthias.