[rabbitmq-discuss] Migrating federation from 2.8.7 to 3.1.0

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Oct 24 11:18:05 BST 2013

On 23/10/13 20:25, viraj.gupte wrote:
> When I try migrating from RabbitMQ 2.8.7 to 3.1.0. I get a few errors. I know
> the way to configure federation has undergone a change since 3.0.0 versions.
> There was a way, to use rabbitmq_old_federation for backward compatibility,
> but that has been removed now. What measures should be taken to preserve the
> messages and federation settings of 2.8.7 in 3.1.0?

You will need to:

* Delete exchanges of type x-federation
* Declare them again as normal exchanges of whichever type you wanted
* Set parameters for each upstream
* Set a policy to mark them as federated
* Remove the rabbit_federation section from your configuration file

In other words, you need to migrate the configuration yourself I'm afraid.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, Pivotal