[rabbitmq-discuss] other transports besides TCP

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Tue Oct 22 09:09:52 BST 2013

On 16/10/13 13:58, Jorg Eloy wrote:
> Thanks for your help, continue with our interest in consuming the
> enqueued messages,
> in order to get more than one consumer per queue.
> Exist something similar to fanout exchange type in UPD?
>
> Actually, I'm trying with UDP consumer without get it. So I've the
> Consumer that I use with TCP transport,
> and it's very strange, It works perfect when consumes messages from a
> host where the brokerMQ is installed.
> But when I try to consume messages from the other host, it's no possible.
> Besides that when I tried to declare the exchange and queue from the
> another host different to the broker, These aren't created.
>
> Any ideas?  What else should I try?

I suggest you forget about UDP for the moment and first get your
intended scenario working with plain AMQP-over-TCP. There is plenty of
documentation, tutorials etc around for that.

Once you have a tcp-based prototype, *then* look into replacing first
the inbound and later the outbound side with UDP.

Matthias.