[rabbitmq-discuss] centos linux install failed to create rabbitmq-env.conf or rabbitmq.config

ken macpherson kmacpher67 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 16:31:16 BST 2013

So I try to shutdown:
ps -ef |grep rabbit
rabbitmq  5022     1  0 Oct04 ?        00:00:00
/usr/lib64/erlang/erts-5.8.5/bin/epmd -daemon

So when I try to stop:

# /sbin/service rabbitmq-server stop
Stopping rabbitmq-server: rmdir: /var/run/rabbitmq: No such file or
directory
rabbitmq-server.

kill -9 5022

tried the
 /sbin/service rabbitmq-server start
Starting rabbitmq-server: RabbitMQ is currently running
rabbitmq-server.

tail /var/log/rabbitmq/shutdown_err
pthread/ethr_event.c:98: Fatal error in wait__(): Function not implemented
(38)

Hacking the rabbitmq-env.conf & rabbitmq.config doesn't seem to cut it.

ken