[rabbitmq-discuss] Riak exchange fails in exchange.declare

Anders Kullberg morkrost at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 11:53:39 BST 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to get the Riak exchange to work with RabbitMQ 3.1.5 and Riak
1.4.2. Have tried both the programmatic approach in python as well as
creating the exchange in the management interface. In both cases I receive
a (to me) cryptic Erlang error:

The server encountered an error while processing this request:

{error,
    {exit,
        {{function_clause,
             [{rabbit_exchange_type_riak,exchange_type,
                  [{exchange,
                       {resource,<<"/">>,exchange,<<"apa">>},
                       'x-riak',true,false,false,[],undefined,undefined,
                       {[],[]}}]},
              {rabbit_exchange_type_riak,validate,1},
              {rabbit_exchange,declare,6},
              {rabbit_channel,handle_method,3},
              {rabbit_channel,handle_cast,2},
              {gen_server2,handle_msg,2},
              {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]},
         {gen_server,call,
             [<0.3030.0>,
              {call,
                  {'exchange.declare',0,<<"apa">>,<<"x-riak">>,false,true,
                      false,false,false,[]},
                  none,<0.1089.0>},
              infinity]}},
        [{gen_server,call,3},
         {rabbit_mgmt_util,'-amqp_request/5-fun-0-',4},
         {rabbit_mgmt_util,with_channel,5},
         {rabbit_mgmt_util,http_to_amqp,5},
         {webmachine_resource,resource_call,3},
         {webmachine_resource,do,3},
         {webmachine_decision_core,resource_call,1},
         {webmachine_decision_core,accept_helper,1}]}}

This is with the default values in the plugin, but I have also tried to
explicitly define them both in the UI and python with similar results.
Where (besides the crash course in Erlang) should I start looking?

Regards,
/A