[rabbitmq-discuss] Per-Connection Queue Creation and Deletion

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Fri Oct 11 11:07:13 BST 2013

Hi,

On 03/10/13 16:29, Tiago Boldt Sousa wrote:

> One question remains: I could discard messages who have no client
> connected. Otherwise, these queues will be filled up quickly. Is there
> any way to do so, other than using x-message-ttl and set a ttl per-message?

Older versions of the broker supported the "immediate" flag which is
close to what you need in this case:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/amqp-0-9-1-reference.html#basic.publish.immediate
This was removed in version 3.0.0.

A combination of queue and message TTL can be used to remove queues:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/ttl.html
But if queues are exclusive then this might not be necessary. If the
client with the exclusive connection disconnects then the associated
exclusive queues will be removed.

-Emile