[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ's WebSocket broken

Petri Luojus luojus at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 10:00:40 BST 2013

https://chromiumcodereview.appspot.com/22375002/diff/9001/Source/modules/websockets/WebSocketHandshake.cppline
540->

By looking at the diff for the change, at least Chrome should accept the
connections when the protocol header is present. If I interpret the code
correctly, the change was made to a check to the situation where protocol
header is set on the request, but the response did not have
Web-Socket-Protocol header present.

Current source code for the module (
https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/blink/+/master/Source/modules/websockets/WebSocketHandshake.cpp)
indicates that the connections are accepted when the header is present and
it accompanies the same protocol version, which was requested.

So I think, this should not present problems with older Chromium-based
browsers. I don't know about Opera/Firefox/Safari/x, but I hope they have
implemented the protocol selection procedure as defined by the
specification.

--
Petri Luojus
+358 41 437 3592