[rabbitmq-discuss] SSL connection - ASN1 error

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Oct 1 10:42:41 BST 2013

Hmm, I don't think we fixed that for the AMQP client. That'll get fixed
in the next release.

As a workaround you can configure an SSL listener for the RabbitMQ
server that's hosting this plugin, or (if you control the source code to
the plugin) invoking application:start(asn1) before opening an SSL
client connection.

Cheers, Simon

On 01/10/13 10:22, Skorepa, Michal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am getting an exception in SSL connection establishment by AMQP Erlang
> client (used by an application which is running as a RMQ plugin):
>
> {error,{cannot_start_application,public_key,{not_started,asn1}}}
>
> I am running RabbitMQ 3.1.5 and Erlang R16B01. I know there have been
> some issues in older versions of Rabbit, but it should have been fixed
> since 3.1.2, I suppose.
>
> Can anybody clarify what the problem is?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Michal

Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, Pivotal