[rabbitmq-discuss] Does SSD improve rabbitmq's performance

Daniel Bason daniel.bason at telogis.com
Wed Nov 20 04:15:38 GMT 2013

It depends on whether you are IO constrained.  In terms of consuming I
believe all messages are held in RAM so it shouldn't affect that but it may
improve publish rates if you hit IO contention.

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 5:10 PM, McIntosh Jason <mcintoshj at gmail.com> wrote:

> When I did testing I noticed ssds made a big improvement, but test it out
> if you can.  It does impact if you're doing persistent messages only from
> what I saw
> Jason
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Nov 19, 2013, at 9:34 PM, Huang Tonglang <tlhuang at 800best.com> wrote:
>
>  I use SAS disk right now. However, there will be more messages come in.
> Should I replace SAS with SSD to improve Rabbitmq’s performance?
>

> Thank you
>

> Tonglang Huang

*Dan Bason *
Infrastructure Engineer – Telogis
www.telogis.com  www.telogis.co.nz
+1 201 477-1448 (USA)  +64 3 281-8065 (NZ)

<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.telogis.com%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEze6z4qIWKcAMjgXqM25xkuw9JMysQ>

*One Platform for Location Intelligence*

--

This e-mail, and any attachments, is intended only for use by the
confidential information.  It is the property of Telogis.  If you are not