[rabbitmq-discuss] How to use HAProxy as a load balancer in RabbitMQ cluster?

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Wed Nov 6 11:03:13 GMT 2013

On 6 Nov 2013, at 14:59, Rajasekhar P <sekhar434145 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Below is the connection factory code at producer and consumer end and these running in window 7 local machine. ANd HAProxy is installed in other machine in LAN and we have enabled 5720 port.

You need to make sure that HAproxy has TCP backends that point to the machine[s] that run RabbitMQ nodes,
proxying to port 5672 (or 5671, if SSL is used).

Please read HAproxy documentation before you try to use it. RabbitMQ in Action also has almost an entire chapter
dedicated to using a proxy in front of multiple Rabbit nodes.

MK

Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ