[rabbitmq-discuss] Trace Plugin

Jeffery, Mark MJeffery at fnb.co.za
Wed May 29 13:50:14 BST 2013

Perfect.

Thanks for clearing that up.

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthias Radestock [mailto:matthias at rabbitmq.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 2:47 PM
To: Jeffery, Mark
Cc: Discussions about RabbitMQ
Subject: Re: [rabbitmq-discuss] Trace Plugin

Jeff,

On 29/05/13 13:36, Jeffery, Mark wrote:
> It seems that the fire-hose tracing only seems to allow tracing on the
> first node that is started in the cluster.

Not so much that, but as the docs
(http://www.rabbitmq.com/firehose.html) state, tracing is a *per-node* feature. i.e. if you want to trace on all nodes then you need to run 'rabbitmqctl trace_on' on all nodes.

> I am able to run trace_on and trace_off and see the messages start and
> stop at the consumer with no problems. (With out re-creating the
> channel).

The channels that matter are the ones on which the messages you want to trace get transmitted. Not the channels on which you consume the trace messages.

Matthias.
To read FirstRand Bank's Disclaimer for this email click on the following address or copy into your Internet browser:
https://www.fnb.co.za/disclaimer.html

firstrandbankdisclaimer at fnb.co.za and we will send you a copy of the Disclaimer.