[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ shovel - standalone app?

Dominic Wong domwongemail at gmail.com
Wed May 29 12:52:39 BST 2013

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a standalone version of the rabbit shovel plugin i.e. one that I can run without having to spin up a rabbit broker.

My use case is that I'd like to spin up shovels in a fairly dynamic manner without having to restart the broker every time I want to change my shovel definitions. For instance, I want a loosely couple "cloud" of rabbit brokers and want to shovel messages between them. When one broker comes up I'd like to start shovels that push messages to this broker and pull messages out of it. I don't think I can really use federation since I'd like finer grained control over what gets pushed to where.

Any pointers on how I can achieve this?

Thanks
Dom