[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ Federation & SSL

Eric Cozzi n16483 at cray.com
Thu May 23 21:28:09 BST 2013

I am having an issue configuring Federation and passwordless-ssl login.
Federation is using https. Seems if I enable the ssl config option
{fail_if_no_peer_cert,true}, peer brokers get a SSL connection error
when trying to establish the Federation. Even though I'm setting my SSL
keys and certs in the rabbitmq config, I'm guessing that Federation
isn't using the configured certs? Is there a way to configure the client
and CA cert's to use with Federation?

Eric

Below is my (simplified) configuration.

[
   {rabbit,
     [
       {hipe_compile, true},
       {tcp_listen_options,
         [binary,
           {packet,raw},
           {reuseaddr,true},
           {backlog,128},
           {nodelay,true},
           {exit_on_close,false}
         ]
       },
       {ssl_listeners, [5671]},
       {ssl_options, [{cacertfile,"/opt/cray/ssl/testca/cacert.pem"},
                      {certfile,"/opt/cray/ssl/server-01/cert.pem"},
                      {keyfile,"/opt/cray/ssl/server-01/key.pem"},
                      {verify,verify_peer},
                      {fail_if_no_peer_cert,false}
                     ]
       }