[rabbitmq-discuss] Monitoring for busy_dist_port

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Tue May 21 11:55:23 BST 2013

Hi Iain,

On 20 May 2013, at 12:15, Iain Hull wrote:

> I have searched the RabbitMQ mailing list for cases of busy_dist_port or zdbbl, but cannot find any.  I am wondering if RabbitMQ can suffer from problems with busy_dist_port or if zdbbl should be set to any particular value? Or I should I monitor the RabbitMQ logs for busy_dist_port?

Rabbit doesn't log busy_dist_port at the moment, though we could do so. Most of what you're interested in monitoring in the rabbit logs will pertain to 'nodedown' and cluster membership changes. Feel free to try tweaking the buffer size, but we don't have any specific advice concerning this parameter, except perhaps the old adage "if it isn't broken...".