[rabbitmq-discuss] Monitoring for busy_dist_port

Iain Hull iain.hull at workday.com
Mon May 20 12:15:41 BST 2013

Hi,

We are in the process of deploying a Riak cluster, and are wondering if
some of the lessons we learned monitoring Erlang in Riak should be applied
to RabbitMQ.

During testing we noticed a lot of busy_dist_port in the logs, the root was
cause was a the Erlang kernel parameter zdbbl was set too low.  We have
adjusted the parameter and are now monitoring the logs for busy_dist_port
errors.

I have searched the RabbitMQ mailing list for cases of busy_dist_port or
zdbbl, but cannot find any.  I am wondering if RabbitMQ can suffer from
problems with busy_dist_port or if zdbbl should be set to any particular
value? Or I should I monitor the RabbitMQ logs for busy_dist_port?

Thanks,
Iain.

--
Iain Hull