[rabbitmq-discuss] Recovering an 3-node cluster after power failure

Sam Winchenbach swinchen at gmail.com
Fri May 17 20:32:26 BST 2013

Hi All,

I have a three node cluster running on VMs for testing purposes:
node1 (disk)
node2(disk)
node3(ram)

Today we had a power outage and all the nodes went down at once.  I am
having a serious issue recovering from this because node1 thinks it belongs
to a cluster but node3 disagrees.   I can not seem to do anything at all
with rabbitmq on node1.   If I try running running "rabbitmqctl reset" it
can not connect because node1 is down.  How can I recover from this
gracefully?

Thanks,
Sam