[rabbitmq-discuss] Multiple local-usernames for federation

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue May 14 11:11:44 BST 2013

On 13/05/13 18:18, Roman Gaufman wrote:
> I want to have 20 or so clients reading/writing to a local rabbitmq
> which will federate to a central server (in both directions). Each
> client has a separate username, password and permissions.
>
> Reason it is done this way is the servers are on very unstable
> connections on the move.
>
> Right now, when I try to connect more than 1 federation upstream, I
> get:  ** {error,user_does_not_exist}
>
> It seems all of these servers need to be forced to use the same
> username? - Why is this? - Is there any way not to have a
> "local-username" but rather to accept all usernames?

I am not sure I understand what you are saying. The "local-username"
parameter is used by the federation mechanism as the local user as which
to publish messages which have been received over federation. It doesn't
have anything to do with the remote user (which is encoded in the
upstream URL).

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen