[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ unable to talk to remote server

sender.eric sender.eric at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 22:38:17 GMT 2013

Note. I realized I was not subscribed properly to RabbitMQ mailing list,
which may have been why google groups doesn't seem to work and I see barely
any replies. I am re-posting this here where replies seem to come through
more.
___
Hello,

I am setting up an enviornment where the server and client are on seperate
hosts. Using wireshark, I am finding that my connection requests are being
blocked by code 10:

Code: 10 (Host administratively prohibited)

I was wondering if anyone knows how to make sure my server is set up right
to work with RabbitMQ? I am using the default ports.

Here is my set up:

- Remote server is CentOS. It is on my same subnet (its actually a guestOS
on my PC)
- I am currently running the server as Python. Just the tutorial #1
recieve.py server
- connection =
pika.BlockingConnection(pika.ConnectionParameters(host='localhost'))
- My client is my HostOS PC running Java.
- factory.setHost("192.168.1.124"); //x.x.x.124 is my "remote" GuestOS
- Everything works find through localhost, but when I try to separate the
client and server, I am getting what looks like firewall issues.

So, this question may require some help from a person who uses RedHat/CentOS
as their server OS, as I imagine part of the solution has to do with
modifying the firewall or something in the virtual NIC card?

I am posting this on the Google Groups, and I have noticed google doesn't
update for every reply? Please be sure to CC my personal email just in case
Google doesn't update. sender.eric (at) gmail

Thanks,
Eric