[rabbitmq-discuss] Randomized Round-Robin?

Martin Koch mak at issuu.com
Wed Mar 27 13:26:28 GMT 2013

Hi Group

I have a setup with many workers on several hosts; each worker consumes
tasks from a work queue.

When a host is booted, all workers on that host are launched
simultaneously.

This seems to have the effect that messages are first rounded to worker
1..N on host A, then worker 1..N on host B, etc. This basically means that
only one of the hosts is doing the bulk of the work at any given time.

What I would like to achieve is that a random worker is chosen instead of
the deterministic round-robin.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
/Martin Koch - Senior Systems Architect - Issuu.com