[rabbitmq-discuss] Autohealing

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Mar 20 14:51:27 GMT 2013

On 20/03/13 11:57, Ben Hood wrote:
> A hand wavy alternative to electing a categorical winner would be to
> declare a tie on the partition or node level, and then kick off a
> process of fine grained reconciliation of the state between the nodes,
> such that having to make a political guess about who gets killed off is
> restricted to individual objects within the broker. That way you might
> be able to auto-reconcile and merge a good portion of the disconnected
> state.

Yeah, we've talked a bit about this; my initial thoughts about cluster
healing were in that direction. But suppose we see partition A has a
queue Q, and partition B does not - does that mean that it didn't exist
before the partition and was created on partition A, or it did and was
deleted on partition B? There are ways round that, but it gets messy
quickly...

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen