[rabbitmq-discuss] Scaling Throughput with Highly Available Queues

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Tue Mar 19 21:30:44 GMT 2013

On 19/03/13 21:16, Richard Raseley wrote:
> Sorry, I meant to say the master queue process. Can you comment on my
> previous question assuming that correction?

Yes, all queue operations go via the queue's master.

However, I fail to see what relevance that has to your question about
scaling throughput via either adding nodes to a single cluster or
creating new clusters. In either case you are only going to get
additional scalability at the queue level by having more than one queue
and distributing those queues them over the available nodes.

Matthias.