[rabbitmq-discuss] how to tell to pika to switch from one node to another during a cluster node failure ?

Gavin M. Roy gmr at meetme.com
Fri Mar 15 08:02:49 GMT 2013

Here's an example that is working against 0.9.10p0 -- 0.9.10 should in the
next 24-48 hours:

https://gist.github.com/gmr/5168207

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 8:56 AM, Nicolas Menoux <
nicolas.menoux at nickyintheclouds.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a 2 node rabbitmq cluster which is working and I would like to know
> if there is any directive with pika to indicate all the nodes names and
> ports in the connection parameters to manage node failure.
> I mean if one node is down, the script will automatically switch from one
> node to another node in the cluster. I think it could be possible with some
> HAproxy but maybe in the pika module itself (as what we could find with
> some MongoDB driver) we could set all nodes parameters in the connection
> string. I do not find anything about that in the documentation. Am I
> missing something ? thanks.
>
> My environment:
>
>    - Ubuntu 12.04 with RabbitMQ 2.71.
>    - Broker instances are all disk nodes.
>    - Queues are declared as durable and x-ha-policy:all
>    - Clients are written in Python using Pika 0.9.9.
>
> Nicolas

Gavin M. Roy
Chief Technology Officer

 <http://www.meetme.com/>
100 Union Square Drive
New Hope, PA 18938
p. +1.215.862.1162 x263
f. +1.215.862.0465

<https://www.facebook.com/pages/MeetMe/21931227129>
<https://twitter.com/meetme>
    <http://www.youtube.com/user/MeetMeVideos>

The public market leader in social discovery. (NYSE MKT: MEET)