[rabbitmq-discuss] Confirm consistent hash exchange behavior

François Beausoleil francois at teksol.info
Thu Mar 14 19:15:26 GMT 2013

Le 2013-03-14 à 13:07, SteveO a écrit :

> Greetings-
>
> I wanted to get some clarification on CHX hash key routing to a queue. Let's
> say I have Queue1 and Queue2 bound with equal weight to a CHX. I produce a
> message with the routing key "Car.Color.Blue" to the CHX and it is routed to
> Queue2. All is well. I delete Queue2. I produce another message with the
> routing key "Car.Color.Blue" to the CHX and it is now routed to Queue1. All
> is well. I re-create and bind Queue2 to the CHX. I produce another message
> with the routing key "Car.Color.Blue" to the CHX and it is routed back to
> Queue2. That's the part that seemed odd.

I find it odd that you find it odd. My expectations were exactly as you described above: the routing decision is taken in light of the bound queues at the time the routing decision is taken.

You expected that once a routing key was routed to a queue, it continued routing to that specific queue until the queue is unbound?

Bye,
François