[rabbitmq-discuss] EC2 and Availability Zones

Laing, Michael P. Michael.Laing at nytimes.com
Mon Mar 4 19:11:30 GMT 2013

We are running now with clusters across zones using VPCs in AWS. It hasn't
caused any problemsŠ yet.

However, though convenient and familiar, we don't really NEED clusteringŠ

So to avoid the horrors (though possibly remote) of network partitions, we
have re-architected using shovels for our next release.

We also use shovels between regions. Typically we run in 3 zones in each
of 3 regions.

Michael Laing
NYTimes Digital