[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq broadcasting a message to different clients without an exchange

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Fri Jun 28 15:57:27 BST 2013

Luis Rodriguez:

> after reading how to use the exchange (fanout) I was wondering if it could be possible to broadcast a message simultaneously to all  the nodes and have the clients echo

Luis,

Can you be more specific?

Exchanges route messages to queues, not nodes. Contents of mirrored queues
is replicated but when you consume a message from a mirrored queue, all
copies are gone.

You can have N queues bound to a fanout and then your clients can connect
to any nodes to consume from them. When a node goes down or becomes
unavailable, clients should reconnect to another node and continue
consuming from the same queue.

MK