[rabbitmq-discuss] 3.1.1 High watermark permanent blocking

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Jun 13 10:43:22 BST 2013

Presumably when the server is permanently blocked the memory use
actually *is* over the high watermark, right? (Just wanted to check
since I don't think you explicitly said that).

In that case, what does RabbitMQ say the memory is used by? Please see
http://www.rabbitmq.com/memory-use.html for how to get it to tell you.

Cheers, Simon

On 12/06/13 21:17, Mark Ward wrote:
> I wanted to follow up with more evidence.
>
> If I restart the RabbitMQ 3.1.1 instance while my clients are connected.
> Once the server is back online my clients will resume sending and the test
> will complete the test with success.  My clients implement a reconnect when
> connections are lost.
>
> When the server enters the locked state the clients do not report any
> connection failures or other errors. The server restart eliminates the
> memory high watermark.  All data makes it from the publisher to the
> subscriber.  Messages that might were on the server are persisted and resume
> sending.
>
> This is also a repeatable test.
>

> --

Simon MacMullen