[rabbitmq-discuss] blocked producers

Thierry Thelliez thierry.thelliez.tech at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 21:50:07 BST 2013

Yes, I agree that a local queue might not be the answer (and we could go in
a recursive argument;-).

But I guess that the client/producer should have a way to store events in
case the message broker goes down. Using a local database might be an
option (although that's just another moving part and that could be
considered like a local queue system as well).

I am just curious about what people do in production.

I need to send user generated files to a conversion worker pool.  If the
message broker goes down for any reason, the clients/producers need to
continue dealing with the incoming traffic and locally store the files
until the broker goes back up.  In other words, it seems like the client
needs to keep a record of the ongoing transactions/conversions.  Is that
correct?

Thierry