[rabbitmq-discuss] total number of queues allowed

Prabodh Upreti prabodh.upreti at vce.com
Wed Jul 10 16:04:33 BST 2013

Hello

We need to expose our infrastructure so that external users can connect to
our broker, create temporary queues, consume/publish messages.

This brings up new challenges for us where a user could maliciously create
many temporary queues and bring the system down.  We will be providing one
login/password for all users.  Also, we are using our own CAS authentication
plugin, hence not using the full out of the box security.

I am sure there are other risks exposing our system.

1.
Is there a way to control total number of queues that can be created in the
broker(that includes all queues created by everyone)?

2.
Is there a way to control total number of queues created by a single
consumer?

3.
Restrict number messages that can be published by a consumer.

etc.

Basically, we need to build basic security to manage these external users
whom we don't have total control of. I do understand we may not have
complete security but someplace we can start.

Thank you in advance.

Regards