[rabbitmq-discuss] Ghost consumers problem

Alan Antonuk alan.antonuk at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 08:03:07 BST 2013

On Thursday, July 4, 2013, Simon MacMullen wrote:

> AMQP heartbeats should solve this problem. Since 3.0.0 the server attempts
> to negotiate heartbeats by default but I don't know what rabbitmq-c does in
> response to that;

partial support for heartbeats has recently been added in the master branch
of rabbitmq-c.

If you specify a non-zero parameter for heartbeats in amqp_login() the
library will attempt to service heartbeats while doing blocking reads in
amqp_simple_wait_frame() or while doing frequent amqp_basic_publish()
calls. Heartbeats are not serviced if you're not making calls into
rabbitmq-c.