[rabbitmq-discuss] Is there any performance penalty for using vhost?

Atul Dambalkar atul.dambalkar at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 07:48:07 BST 2013

Hi,

I am exploring RabbitMQ and I would like to use "vhost" to provide some
data isolation in a multi-tenant kind of scenario. I would like to know if
there any limitations in using vhosts such as number of vhosts allowed
and/or any performance penalty since each vhost will have it's own
exchanges, bindings and queues.

Also could there be any run-time configuration issues surrounding vhost
creation along with security credentials?

Thanks so much.

-Atul