[rabbitmq-discuss] How to debug queue memory leak

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jan 28 10:43:40 GMT 2013

On 28/01/13 10:32, Max Kuznecov wrote:
> 2013/1/28 Matthias Radestock <matthias at rabbitmq.com>:
>> We introduced a background gc in 3.0.0  [...]
>
> Should I try 2.8.7 to see if the same going to happen?

Nah, 2.8.7 has no background gc at all, so could only do worse.

>> gc on the process with
>>
>> rabbitmqctl eval 'garbage_collect(rabbit_misc:string_to_pid("<ThePid>")).'
>>
>> and see whether that drops the memory usage significantly.
>>
> It doesn't seem to have any effect in my case.

Curious. We'll have to look into this further. At the moment I have no
idea where the memory could be going.

Btw, it appears that your previous message didn't make it to the mailing
list. Would you mind re-sending it?

Regards,

Matthias.