[rabbitmq-discuss] Any movement on RabbitMQ-ØMQ?

Murray Williams murraytodd at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 22:52:58 GMT 2013

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 5:35 PM, Simon MacMullen <simon at rabbitmq.com> wrote:

> On 03/01/2013 10:04PM, Murray Williams wrote:
>
>> My RabbitMQ installation (MacPorts) says it's v 2.8.7 and the plugins
>> directory says it has amqp_client-2.8.7.ez in it. But it seems that the
>> rabbit-public-unbrella repository, whether I use the "default / stable"
>> branch or even the branch marked "rabbitmq_v2_8_x", I find that the
>> amqp_client.hrl include file has an extra "password" field for the
>> amqp_params_direct record.
>>

> You are on the right track here; it's to do with building against the
> wrong version of the Erlang client. You do need rabbitmq_v2_8_x - "stable"
> is 3.0.x and "default" will be 3.1.0.
>
> However - the rabbitmq-public-umbrella repo contains a load of
> sub-repositories, including the Erlang client. If you just changed branch
> with "hg up -r rabbitmq_v2_8_x" that will only change the umbrella. Try
> "make up_c BRANCH=rabbitmq_v2_8_x".

Interestingly, the cowboy-wrapper repository is lacking a tag for
rabbitmq_v2_8_x, so things briefly stalled with an error there. I temporary
relocated that sub-repo and things were able to date. The include .hrl file
looks right now. It's reaching the end of the day, but I'll pick things up
tomorrow.

Thanks,

Murray