[rabbitmq-discuss] CPU Utilization Concern

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 22:56:04 GMT 2013

2013/12/20 Richard Raseley <richard at raseley.com>

> Can someone confirm that in the architecture outlined above I would expect
> to see (relatively) equal distribution across all available cores?

Your bottleneck is likely the consistent hash exchanges which are far from
speed demons, not queue throughput.

> Furthermore, if my expectation is correct, are there Erlang / RabbitMQ
> specific configurations that would impact things like core distribution /
> affinity?

See +S in [1] and [2]. Of course, hypervisor and/or OS settings may limit
what Erlang VM can do, too.

1. http://erlang.org/doc/man/erl.html
2.
http://jlouisramblings.blogspot.ru/2013/01/how-erlang-does-scheduling.html