[rabbitmq-discuss] Impact of Updating Queue Parameters on Queued Messages
richard at raseley.com
Tue Dec 17 18:15:01 GMT 2013
Imagine the following scenario:
1) You have a queue named 'queue1' declared within a broker.
2) This queue has several messages in it that have yet to be consumed.
3) You want to change the properties of the queue, for this example say you
want to add a dead-letter exchange and dead-letter routing key.
4) You create a configuration file that is identical to the one currently
on the broker, except for these new queue parameters.
5) You upload the configuration file, thereby adding the new properties the
What is the impact on the messages in the queue?
A) The messages are purged, the queue is deleted and recreated with the new
B) The messages are preserved and the queue's parameters are just updated.
C) Something else?
Thank you in advance for helping to clarify this.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the rabbitmq-discuss